Like cooking but lazy? This series is going to have the recipes for you!
I actually really, really enjoy cooking. Proper cooking. When I have the time. And therein lies the problem. A lack of time. After a long day, the last thing I want to do is spend ages cooking. Recipes like this one are what I need after a long day. Ones where you need to do nothing more time consuming than shove some things together and bung it in the oven or a pan. At a pinch I’ll accept some gentle chopping being added into the mix…
I have to admit that I’m not really sure I can call this a “recipe”. It’s literally, as the name suggests, a list of canned items that get opened along with a couple of other things, chucked in a pan and left to simmer away. Pinterest has a few different versions of this soup kicking about but this is my favourite way of making it. Served with some crusty bread or a toasted pitta, it’s delicious! Ingredients:
- 1 can black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can sweetcorn, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can / jar of enchilada sauce
- 1 packet of chicken breast (approx 200-300g)
- 1 packet of chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- Open cans
- Chuck all ingredients together in a large pan (rip your chicken into bite sized chunks as you throw it in).
- Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Serve. Crusty bread, a warmed pitta bread or tortilla chips are all great with this. If I’m feeling all fancy I might throw some grated cheese on top before serving.
I know, I know… Super complicated. Hang in there though. You might just be able to see this recipe through to completion… 😉
This may not look the most amazing for presentation, particularly if you have skillz like mine and go for the “throw it in a bowl” option everytime, but it’s quick, easy and tastes amazing, plus it has just enough of a kick to make it much more interesting than your standard soup.