My skin has been dreadful lately. Like, so-dreadful-I-want-to-hide-my-face-from-the-world dreadful. A combination of being ill, being a bit stressed out, some hormonal spots and more than a few lazy nights where I haven’t properly taken off my make-up have played havoc with my skin. It’s so frustrating because a few months ago I was starting to feel a lot better about how my skin looked. Grrrrrrr.
Taking back control of my skin is currently underway and I’ve been reaching for my trusty Alpha H Liquid Gold over and over again. Acid toners are something I know I can always rely on to improve my skin and show quick results.
Here are my five favourites…
- Pixi Glow Tonic, £18 › available here
- Mario Badescu Glycolic Acid Toner, £15.50 › available here
- Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion, £ 16.50 › available here
- Nip + Fab Glycolic Fix Night Pads, £14.95 › available here
- Alpha H Liquid Gold*, £40 › available here
*strictly speaking this isn’t classed as a toner, more as an overnight serum, but it looks and feels like a toner and I use it as one when my skin is at it’s worst, because I’m a little rebel