Around this time every year my family ask me to give them some hints for birthday presents I might like – yes, my birthday isn’t till next month but, who turns down an excuse to make a list of the items they’re currently coveting?
Beauty products always make the cut because I have a never ending list of products I want to try but, knowing the size of my current stash, I struggle to justify purchasing, especially when they’re more high end items.
Here’s what made it onto the beauty section of my birthday wishlist this year…
- Byredo Gypsy Water, £95 from Net-a-Porter
- MAC Lip Pencil in Spice and Boldly Bare, £13 from MAC
- NIOD Flavanone Mud, £38 from Victoria Health
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, £19 from Feel Unique
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Even Finish Foundation, £34 from Bobbi Brown
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying Primer and Redness Correcting Primer, £14.20 from Debenhams
- Herbivore Pineapple + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask, £37.50 from Trouva
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Sycronized Recovery Complex II, £52 from Boots
If you’re visiting for the first time, welcome! Here are the links to catch up on Week One and Week Two.
This is one of those weeks where you feel like zero progress has been made. In reality, I know that I have done some things that will help towards getting a finished room by the 11th May (hopefully…still keeping my fingers crossed on that one!) but, truthfully, the room looks pretty much exactly the same as it did last week and that feels a little… deflating?
When we left off last week I’d completed the bookcase wall – which I adore – and had an electrician round changing the ceiling lighting from two oddly placed fixtures to one centered on the fireplace (also adding in some plug sockets on a wall that had none). I’m completely smitten with the light fitting I picked for the living room…
Continue reading “ONE ROOM CHALLENGE | WEEK THREE: PLASTERING PROBLEMS”
I always find spring-time to be the perfect moment to switch up my fragrances and this year has been no exception. Here are a couple of old favourites and a few I’m wanting to try out…
- Jo Malone English Pear & Freesia, £88 100ml / £44 30ml › available here
- Marc Jacobs Daisy, £45 50ml › available here
- Chloé Love Story Eau Sensuelle, £68 50ml › available here
- Byredo Flowerhead, £95 50ml› available here
- Tom Ford Orchid Soleil , £79 50ml › available here
What are your go-to spring fragrances?
It’s #OneRoomChallenge time! If you’re visiting for the first time then welcome! Here’s the link to catch up on Week One.
Bookcase wall. Done.
Although definitely not properly organised or remotely styled in any way yet! Apologies in advance for the terrifyingly poor quality of the pictures in the post but pretty much all of this work has been done at night, plus at super speed so I only really had chance to grab some quick snaps on my phone… #bloggerproblems.
I’d gathered a lot of bookcase wall inspiration before starting out on this project and I knew that I wanted a full wall of bookcases that went from floor to ceiling. I considered having something bespoke made from scratch by a carpenter but quickly scrapped that idea, as even without getting any quotes I knew it would be wildly out of budget. Continue reading “ONE ROOM CHALLENGE | WEEK TWO: IKEA HACK-ING THE BOOKCASE WALL”