Sunday was the first official day of spring and I can’t be the only one that’s thoroughly over-excited for its arrival. I always seem to get so much more accomplished once spring arrives; lighter evenings make me far more motivated to complete tasks on an evening and I always seem to wake up earlier and more refreshed than I do in winter – getting up on a morning just feels easier when it’s light out and, hopefully, the sun is shining.
With that in mind, I love the idea of giving your bedroom a spring refresh at this time of year; bringing my bedroom out of winter hibernation mode and putting away the heavy blankets in favour of light and bright bedding that puts me in all round sunnier mood. I honestly feel like my sleep quality is so much better when the environment around me is a pleasant one – just think how lovely it is to get into bed when you’ve put on clean bedding! Sleep is so important for your health, both physical AND mental, and I truly do believe in the benefits of getting enough beauty sleep so I think making sure your sleep space is somewhere that makes you feel relaxed and at ease is really important.
Picking out a new duvet cover is a great, cost effective way to make a huge impact in the overall look and feel of your bedroom. Plus the longer days and warmer temperatures make spring the best time to get a little bit adventurous and play with new colours.
Personally, I love to inject some brighter colours and florals at this time of year, whilst keeping a fresh, modern take on things. Here are my favourite picks of contemporary duvet covers to give a little inspiration for updating and refreshing your bedroom this spring…
1. The contemporary duvet covers from Yorkshire Linen are amazing and the tropical duvet cover set is one of my favourites. I’m kind of obsessed by it – I’d feel like I was sleeping in a rainforest! If you had a neutral bedroom this would be amazing to inject some bright and bold colours into your room for the warmer months ahead.
2. This bright floral duvet cover, also from Yorkshire Linen, packs a serious punch of colour whilst still keeping things light thanks to the expanse of white background. The pops of fuchsia pink are just gorgeous and would be a definite ‘pick me up’ after a long day.
3. This grey and yellow reversible duvet cover set from Habitat just screams springtime to me. I love the bright yellow paired with white and grey to give a modern, clean look.
4. Bright colours really appeal to me once the weather picks up and this Dickins and Jones spotty duvet cover from House of Fraser would definitely make a statement. This simple pattern still makes an impact thanks to the bold red colour. If you’re not a fan of florals, a pattern like this is one to consider.
5. Both of these are fantastic options for spring – the floral patterns lean a little more towards the traditional but the grey and soft pink colours of the Canterbury duvet cover keep this feeling contemporary, plus the grey and white polka dots are utterly adorable.
6. Likewise the Romanie duvet cover set, with it’s white background, still feels clean and fresh and the mint green striped reverse makes this one hard to resist.
7. For an updated take on the classic “nautical stripe” bedding I really like this Hadley striped bedding set from M&S. The mint green hues of the stripes would definitely make this one that gives your bedroom a light and bright feeling.
8. Finally, this crisp white duvet cover from Yorkshire Linen looks divine, like something from an amazing hotel room, and would be beautiful in any room regardless of your existing colour scheme. I love the idea of having a bolder flat or fitted sheet underneath the duvet (perhaps a bold floral like this one from M&S or these fantastic spotty sheets from West Elm) as your own little secret surprise when you hop into bed. There’s just something about having that little bit of something special tucked away that really appeals to me.
Any one of these duvet covers, plus a bunch of fresh flowers on my bedside table, would definitely set me up for some serious springtime slumber but 1, 6 and 8 might just edge in as my personal favourites.
Which would be your pick of the bunch? What do you do to get your bedroom ready for spring?
This post was sponsored by Yorkshire Linen but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support bobo & mimi.