(or, How I Trashed My Skin In Four Months)
I’ve spoken at length about my skin woes. Towards the end of last year I was getting to a point where I felt I could see a noticeable improvement which seemed to be lasting and I was feeling so happy about that.
Fast forward to today and… well, let’s just insert ALL the horror face emojis shall we? My skin is currently dreadful, close to the worst it’s ever been and I have absolutely nothing and nobody to blame but myself. Continue reading “WHY YOU SHOULD DOUBLE CLEANSE”
Around this time every year my family ask me to give them some hints for birthday presents I might like – yes, my birthday isn’t till next month but, who turns down an excuse to make a list of the items they’re currently coveting?
Beauty products always make the cut because I have a never ending list of products I want to try but, knowing the size of my current stash, I struggle to justify purchasing, especially when they’re more high end items.
Here’s what made it onto the beauty section of my birthday wishlist this year…
- Byredo Gypsy Water, £95 from Net-a-Porter
- MAC Lip Pencil in Spice and Boldly Bare, £13 from MAC
- NIOD Flavanone Mud, £38 from Victoria Health
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer, £19 from Feel Unique
- Bobbi Brown Longwear Even Finish Foundation, £34 from Bobbi Brown
- Make Up For Ever Step 1 Mattifying Primer and Redness Correcting Primer, £14.20 from Debenhams
- Herbivore Pineapple + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask, £37.50 from Trouva
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Sycronized Recovery Complex II, £52 from Boots
As the clocks went forward this weekend I decided this was the prime time to stop procrastinating and jump into some spring cleaning action. Yesterday I tackled my beauty collection because, tragically, the lotions and potions residing in our makeup and skincare stashes don’t last forever, and this was as good a time as any to give my beauty stash a thorough spring clean!
CLEAN YOUR SPACE
As a general rule if I’m trying to clean, de-clutter and organise any space I like to try to take everything out of it’s place and give the entire space a good clean so I removed everything from my drawers and on top of my dressing table and gave the entire space a thorough wipe down. I tend to use something like Dettol wipes for this because it’s just so much easier then running back and forth to the bathroom to rinse out a cleaning cloth. I also clean all of my containers, dividers and brush holders. Continue reading “HOW TO SPRING CLEAN YOUR BEAUTY STASH”
Because I look for any excuse, no matter how weak, to justify treating myself to a few bits and bobs on my beauty wishlist here are five things I’m currently coveting that are green (in both senses of the word – colour AND being suitably eco-friendly) in honour of St Patrick’s Day…
- Weleda Skin Food, £2.95 – £10.95 › available here
- Dr Bronner’s Pure Castile Soap, £6.99 › available here
- Skin and Tonic Peppermint Lip Balm, £ 3.50 › available here
- Andalou Bioactive & Berry Enzyme Mask, £9.99 › available here
- Pai Instant Calm Redness Serum – Sea Aster & Wild Oat, £42 › available here