Over the years there has been many an ‘It’ Bag that I’ve fallen in love with and coveted but perhaps none quite so much as the current favourite of wooden / straw bags. Woven totes, wooden basket bag, straw clutches… there’s a bag for every occasion with this trend.
Cult Gaia Ark bag, £135 available here.
I’ve been lusting over the Cult Gaia Ark bag but in absolutely no way could I justify spending THAT much on a bag that, however much I adore the style, I figured would only be used a handful of times.
Fortunately, I did find a pretty much identical dupe for about a third of the price from Very to add to my birthday list. Not gonna lie – I had really low expectations of the bag and was pretty much convinced that it would be poor quality and I’d end up returning it but it’s absolutely gorgeous, really lovely quality and I absolutely adore it!
Read on to see the bamboo bag I added to my birthday wish list and four more favourites at a much more affordable price point…
- Bamboo Half Moon Bag in Natural, available at Very.co.uk, £45 – looks like this is only currently in stock in the black
- Straw Semi Circle Tassel Clutch, available at Boohoo, £14
- Bamboo Circle Bag in Black, available at Very.co.uk, £45 – currently on sale for £40
- Bamboo Square Boxy Clutch, available at ASOS, £35
- Bonjour Straw Clutch Bag, available at MISSPAP, £12 – currently on sale for £10
What about you? Loving the bamboo bag trend or is it not for you? Any great buys you’ve spotted? I’m thinking I might need to get myself a straw clutch for summer…